Call for Artists: Inspiration in Red
Color has a strong effect on viewer emotions. Red symbolizes passion and energy, like no other color. Red is the color of heightened emotions, strength, and power. It is invigorating, intimidating, and never boring. How do you approach red in your work? What does red connote to you? Is it passion, anger, courage, fire, fever, embarrassment, blood, happiness, or good fortune? Let us visually explore compelling art that features RED as a focal point or primary color in the composition. Submit your vision and create an artwork with one of the most emotional colors on the spectrum.
SUBMISSION FEE (for up to 3 works): $30.00 for Westbury Arts members; $35.00 for non-members. Submission fees are non-refundable.
DEADLINE & IMPORTANT DATES:
- Entries must be submitted before 11:59 PM on November 22, 2023.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent to the artists on November 23, 2023.
- Artwork delivery to 255 Schenck Ave. on Sunday, November 26, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Opening Reception on Saturday, December 2, from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
- Exhibition Dates: From Saturday, December 2, until Saturday, December 30 (Closed Saturday, December 23).
- Artwork Pickup on Saturday, December 30, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
SALES: You may offer your artwork for sale, or it will be marked NFS (Not For Sale). Artists agree to donate 20% of the sale price to Westbury Arts of any art work sold during this exhibition.
- Emerging and established artists must be 18 years or over and reside in the U.S.
- To be considered, the work must incorporate the color RED as a focal point or primary color in the composition; avoid excessive or sole use of red’s color variations, such as pinks, mauves, burgundies, etc.
- All media and styles of visual art will be considered, including painting, collage, textiles, sculpture, photography, mixed media, etc.
- Artwork that has been previously shown in any other Westbury Arts exhibition may not be submitted.
- 2-D Art must be wired and ready to hang, non-framed.
- 3-D works may be limited by our ability to display them properly.
Please note: Westbury Arts reserves the right not to hang or display art that does not meet the above criteria.
SUBMISSIONS: All entry submission information has to be included. Judging for 2-D and 3-D works will be done entirely from JPEGs or PNGs labeled with your name and the title of the work. No other formats will be accepted. The maximum file size for each image is 100 MB. An artist can submit up to three (3) works. Your completion of the entry form serves as your acceptance of the terms and conditions stated herein. All decisions will be final.