Call for Artists: Mama Always Told Me…
Who was your greatest female influence growing up? Mama, Grandma, Auntie? Our next exhibit, in October, is titled “Mama Always Told Me…”. Let’s visually explore lessons learned, admonishments, and/or tender words of wisdom bestowed upon us by these important females. We are looking for artwork inspired by the influential women in our lives. These works could be photography, line drawing on paper, or painted canvas. Our gallery can also accommodate smaller 3-D artwork.
SUBMISSION FEE (for up to 3 works): $30.00 for Westbury Arts members; $35.00 for non-members
Awards: Ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. 1st and 2nd place winners will receive a monetary prize.
Deadlines & Important Dates:
- Entries must be submitted before 11:59 PM on Sunday, September 24.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent to artists by Wednesday, September 27.
- Artwork delivery to 255 Schenck Ave. on Saturday, September 30, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Opening Reception on Saturday, October 7, 2023 from 7:00-9:00 PM.
- Exhibition Dates: Thursday, October 12 through Friday, October 27.
- Artwork pickup on Saturday, October 28, from 2:00 to 4:00 PM.
Eligibility: Emerging and established artists must be 18 years or over and reside in the U.S. Original creative works to be considered must be wired to hang. 3-D works may be limited by our ability to properly display them. Artwork that does not adhere to requirements will not be exhibited.
SALES: You may offer your artwork for sale, or it will be marked NFS (Not for Sale). Artists agree to donate 20% of the sale price to Westbury Arts of any work sold during this exhibition.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All entry submission information must be included. Judging for 2-D and 3-D works will be done entirely from JPEGs or PNGs labeled with your name and the title of the work. No other formats will be accepted. The maximum file size for any individual image is 100 MB. Up to three (3) works can be submitted by an artist. Your completion of the entry form will serve as your acceptance of the terms and conditions stated herein. All decisions will be final.