CALL FOR ARTISTS: Inspiration Rediscovered – Mixed Media Masterpieces
From paint to clay to wood to bottle caps, Inspiration Rediscovered is a celebration of mixed-media artwork and assemblage art. The use of assemblage as an approach to making art was mastered by Joseph Cornell who was a premier assemblagist who elevated the box to a major art form and one of America’s most innovative artists. Artists are encouraged to “upcycle” found objects in order to create beautiful pieces of artwork in any style of their choosing or create mixed media art and submit their original work for a juried show at our gallery located at 255 Schenck Avenue in Westbury, NY.
SUBMISSION FEE (for up to 3 works): $25.00 for Westbury Arts members; $30.00 for non-members
AWARDS: Ribbons will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best in Show
- Most Unique Use of Materials – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- Most Unique Shape or Form – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
DEADLINES AND IMPORTANT DATES:
- Entries must be submitted online before 11:59 PM on Friday, August 18, 2023
- Acceptance notification sent to artists by Monday, August 20, 2023
- Artwork Delivery: Sunday, August 27, 2023, from 12:00 PM until 3:00 PM at 255 Schenck Ave., Westbury
- Opening Reception: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Exhibition Dates: Saturday, September 2 – Friday, September 29, 2023
- Pickup/Return Artwork: Saturday, September 30, 2023, from 12:00 PM until 3:00 PM
ELIGIBILITY: Emerging and established artists must be 18 years or over and reside in the U.S. Original creative works to be considered can be either 2- or 3-dimensional utilizing multimedia and/or found objects, no larger than 34” on any side. If two dimensional, it must be wired to hang. 3-D works may be limited by our ability to properly display them. Artwork that does not adhere to requirements will not be exhibited.
SALES: You may offer your artwork for sale, or it will be marked NFS (Not for Sale). Artists agree to donate 20% of the sale price to Westbury Arts of any work sold during this exhibition. The artist will handle the sale.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All entry submission information must be included. Judging for 2-D and 3-D works will be done entirely from JPEGs or PNGs labeled with your name and the title of the work. No other formats will be accepted. The maximum file size for any individual image is 100 MB. Up to three (3) works can be submitted by an artist. Your completion of the entry form will serve as your acceptance of the terms and conditions stated herein. All decisions will be final.