Join us as we kick off our 2018 season with this guided wine tasting exploring the wines of Italy. $45 per person.
Total Wine’s Italian wine professional has selected five wonderful varieties. Ben Pardo will again do his magic by creating these delicious pairings:
- Rocca Felice Roero Arneis 2016 paired with an Italian cheese torta of mascarpone and gorgonzola dolce spooned onto an endive leaf.
- Mauro Sebaste Parigi Nebbiolo d’Alba 2015 paired with ‘nduja, a spicy, spreadable Italian sausage smoothed over a toasted baguette slice.
- Rivata Barbaresco 2013 paired with a tea sandwich of rare roast beef on white crustless bread with hot horseradish sauce and garnished with Maldon sea salt and freshly ground Tellicherry pepper.
- Rivata Barolo 2013 The king of wines and the wine of kings paired with the two finest prosciutti in Italy; Prosciutto di Parma and Prosciutto di San Daniele. We want you to choose your personal favorite.
- Chateau Cantegril Sauternes 2013 a classic pairing for a classic ending, Sauternes with foie gras.
The pairings will be followed by a presentation of coffee and biscotti.