Monmouth University’s Pollak Gallery
January 22 – April 30
The #MeToo movement has brought to the surface long ignored injustices perpetrated mostly against women for generations that are demanding to be remedied. For this juried exhibition we are looking to feature works that eloquently depict how to honor women and others who have been maligned, how to implement change within our culture, how to alter perceptions and ultimately erase this malady forever.
- Submissions must be entered through CAFE and should include: artist statement, images/media of each piece, artist bio and entry fee.
- Entry fee is $20 for up to 3 artworks.
- Each artist may submit up to 3 artworks.
- Mediums accepted include: painting, photography, sculpture, mixed media, small constructions or installations, short films, and crafts.
- Shipping/drop off of accepted work to Monmouth University is the responsibility of artist
- Only artwork of professional presentation will be accepted.
- Wall-hung items must be appropriately framed and/or edges adequately finished.
- Pictures must use sturdy wire as the hanging medium. No saw-tooth hangers or metal eyelets accepted. Frames must be free of defects.
- Three-dimensional works must be stable to stand on their own or be submitted with adequate display stands.
- Three dimensional artwork cannot exceed 5′ h x 3′ w and not weigh more than 75 pounds.
The call for entries closes at midnight on November 30, 2018. Participants will be notified by December 17. The show will run in Monmouth University’s Pollak Gallery from January 22 -April 30, 2019 with an opening reception on February 1 from 6-8 PM.
For more information or questions please contact Kelly Barratt at 732.263.5114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org