As part of the New York State Creative Aging Initiative, Lifetime Arts will conduct a full-day live training workshop for up to 25 Long Island teaching artists (independent teaching artists as well as teaching artists associated with community based arts organizations).
Participants will learn how to build community partnerships that serve older adults; assess the learning interests of their potential students; and design and facilitate high quality, sequential skills-based arts education programs for older adults.
- Creative Aging Best Practices
- Adult Learning
- Curriculum Design for Older Adults,
- Embedding Social Engagement in Programming
- Ageism and its Impact on Program Design and Delivery
- Developing Community Partnerships
- Creative Aging Program Evaluation and Documentation.
This training will not address nor provide training in the art therapy approaches or techniques.
Registration priority will be given to teaching artists who are practicing in the region; others will be waitlisted.
Participating teaching artists will receive a $50 stipend.