Submit a creative design that represents Westbury Arts’ motto, “Together we create Westbury,” and reflects the artistic disciplines that will be represented at our 2018 Concert Series; music, art, and dance. The winning T-shirt will be our official 2018 concert series T-shirt.
- Open to all artists ages 18 or older.
Dates & Deadlines
- Submission Deadline:
May 1, 2018Extended to May 8, 2018
- Judging: May 1-15, 2018
- Winners announced: May 16, 2018 at our Annual Meeting
Designs will be judged by a panel of Westbury Arts volunteers on the following criteria:
- Overall design
- Creative use of theme
- General appeal
- Winning T-shirt designer will receive $100 plus be interviewed for our blog and highlighted on our website and social media.
- By submitting an entry, the artist agrees to all Official Rules outlined herein.
- Entries should be sized to fit on the front of a T-shirt but no larger than 12” x 16”.
- Each individual may submit only one design entry.
- Design must be the original work of the entrant.
- All designs must be rendered in black or white only which will ultimately be rendered as a black or white design on a colored T-shirt.
- Designs submitted as Vector images are best but camera ready artwork in .png or .jpg formats are also acceptable.
- Design should be submitted as a PDF and include your name, email address and phone number.
- The artist must keep a copy of his or her original design until results are announced. Upon notification, the winner will be required to submit his or her artwork in camera ready format (.eps, .png or .jpg) by email.
- Design should integrate elements that represent the diversity of the Westbury community and the programs we are offering at our 2018 concert series, music (rock, pop, ska, funk, soul, jazz, mariachi, polka, pops), art, and dance.
- Design should be created for a short sleeve t-shirt.
- The first place t-shirt may be modified slightly to conform to production standards and Westbury Arts branding guidelines.
- Westbury Arts is committed to the elimination of unlawful discrimination in connection with all relationships, business operations and programs. Discrimination based on gender, family or marital status, race, color, national origin, military or veteran status, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or history, age, disability, political affiliation and cultural and religious backgrounds is prohibited.
- The winning design will become the property and possession of Westbury Arts, which Westbury Arts retains exclusive rights to the reproduction of the design for a period of no more than 1 year. After that rights to return to the artist.
- Westbury Arts shall have the right to edit, composite, scan, duplicate or alter the entry design for any purpose which it deems necessary or desirable, without the need for any further compensation, and/or permission.
- Westbury Arts and related affiliates reserve the right to determine appropriateness and may refuse an entry for any reason.